Can we help you?
The following is a list of questions to help you take a clearer look at your pattern and habits of using alcohol/drugs.
- Do you use more than you intend to?
- Do you avoid people and/or places that do not condone your usage?
- Do you spend more money on alcohol/drugs than you can afford?
- Do you wonder why some people don’t use?
- Do you ever drink or drug alone?
- Do you guard your supply?
- Have you tried substituting one substance for another thinking “one” particular substance was the problem?
- Have you ever neglected your responsibilities due to your usage?
- Do family and friends complain about your usage?
- Do you use, because your family drives you crazy?
- Have you ever conned doctors for “legal” drugs telling yourself that it’s okay to use them because they are legal?
- Do you use one substance to offset the effects of another?
- Have you ever been in trouble with friends, family, school, or your job because of your usage?
- Have you ever gotten in trouble with the law as a result of your usage?
- Do you have empty alcohol containers in your car?
- Do you take drugs that you don’t prefer?
- Do you do things while under the influence that you would not ordinarily do while straight?
- Have the good times gone from your using?
- Do you think you must be high to have a good time?
- Do you ever question your own sanity?
- Have you ever had a blackout where you wake up the next morning and don’t remember what happened the night before?
- Do you lie about what or how much you use?
- Do you use alcohol or drugs to feel more comfortable with people?
- Have you tried to control your use?
- Have you tried to cut down your use?
- Have you tried to stop using?
These questions, when answered honestly, may help to show you how your life has become unmanageable. If you answered yes to 5 or more, you may have a problem. Please let us help. Even if you don’t choose us, get help somewhere.